Independent Business Association of Wisconsin
Representing Wisconsin's Independent Businesses
Manufacturing | Construction | Legal | Financial | Technology | Education | Healthcare | Entrepreneurs
The IBAW was formed to exclusively serve the needs and interests of small, independent business of Wisconsin.
As Wisconsin’s leading advocacy group for small business, we provide our member companies with maximum value for their investments of time and money.
Hear what our members say by watching the video.
• Events and programs that will benefit our members’ business endeavors and contribute to their ongoing success.
• Open communication between members encourages the sharing of problems and successes. Members can take advantage of the experience of their peers to solve problems and improve operation.
• Presentations by high-profile, high demand business and political leaders for our monthly meetings. Presenters who share their valuable experience and insights while keeping members informed on timely and relevant business issues and public policy concerns.
• Intimate group size gives our meetings structured two-way conversations whereby members have the opportunity to both solicit and offer feedback to our speakers as well as other like-minded small business professionals.
• Programming solely driven by the interests and the voice of our members. IBAW exists to meet the needs of our independent business members and we strive to understand and meet those needs.
IBAW is a venue for high level CEOs, CFOs, COOs, other upper management, business professionals and entrepreneurs to network, exchange business ideas and become educated and involved on issues which impact their business.
In 2008 IBAW launched it's Business Education Series, a monthly programing series with 'top shelf' speakers on a variety of business issues. The topics are designed to inform, educate and engage the membership. Our members and guests consistently tell us IBAW has the best speakers and executive networking in southeastern Wisconsin.
Our Business Behind the Scenes programing was launched in 2010 to give our members unique views to a business they normally wouldn't have access to. Companies such as Caterpillar Heavy Mining, and organizations such as Mitchell International Airport. The Milwaukee Repertory Theater, and the Harley Davidson Museum give members insights on the operations and processes they use and may apply to their own needs.
in 2011 IBAW began sharing a two page meeting recap document. This has now been transformed into what is now a 24 page digital magazine distributed statewide. The magazine is filled with informative business articles and intelligence targeted to small business owners, entrepreneurs and elected officials throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Since 1973, IBAW members have been committed to being involved in the legislative process and to broaden our members education and professional networking opportunities. The organization continues to be an effective member-driven, grassroots voice in Madison and Washington D.C., working closely with state and national legislators on issues impacting small and independent businesses. Companies in manufacturing, service, distribution, IT, healthcare, transportation, the financial and banking sector and consulting participate as IBAW members and add to our voice. A statewide, non-profit association, IBAW members and sponsors employ thousands of Wisconsin workers.
The IBAW's mission is just as important today as it was when it first started back in the 1970's:
To advance business prosperity through insightful programming, executive networking and member-driven public policy and advocacy.
The IBAW provides business professionals the opportunities to:
- Educate themselves and members of their team with insightful programing
- Develop a high-level network of peers
- Contribute views to elected officials on policy & regulation issues which impact their business
- Personal growth avenues for themselves or upcoming members of their team
Would you like to receive a informational packet? Click here to request one.
|What our members say...|
“I almost always come away from an IBAW meeting with useable material that helps me with my business. Many times, a speaker will give me something that applies to ITU AbsorbTech. Other times, it is a conversation over breakfast that gives me value. Because of the intimate setting, it is easy to engage the speakers after the presentations. I have a number of contacts I use often that began at IBAW.” - Jim Leef, ITU AbsorbTech
|What Legislators say...|
"IBAW has been a terrific facilitator in providing the feedback I need from the business community in order to make changes to our tax code that support business expansion. Wisconsin is a more business friendly state because of IBAW and their members engagement."
- State Senator Dale Kooyenga